South African disc jockey, songwriter, and music producer, Black Coffee has expressed utmost surprise for the wide acceptance his song Drive with David Guetta featuring Delilah Montagu has gained. The song has now been named the most-streamed SA song of all time on Apple Music.
Just recently, Apple music which came on air some 6 years ago dropped a list of the most Shazamed and streamed songs in SA, and without any surprise, Black Coffee made the top of the list.
One name readily comes to mind when talking about South African music, and it’s Kabza De Small whose songs are also in demand on the platform. Elaine, the crooner of Risky is also greatly patronized on the platform.
He was quizzed for the said feat and he responded as thus: “Wow! I am simply blown away to hear the news that ‘Drive’ is the most streamed song in South Africa from a South African artist since Apple Music’s launch in 2015. It’s an honour and a privilege to be able to carry the flag of my country and to continue to expand the world’s palette on the sounds of the globe!”
Most Streamed South African Songs of All-Time
- Black Coffee & David Guetta feat. Delilah Montagu – Drive
- Elaine – You’re The One
- Samthing Soweto feat. Sha Sha, DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small – Akulaleki
- Kabza De Small & DJ Maphorisa feat Aymos, Samthing Soweto, Myztro – eMcimbini
- Shekhinah – Suited
- DJ Zinhle feat. Mvzzle & Rethabile – Umlilo
- Busta 929 & Mpura feat. Zuma, Mr JazziQ, Lady Du – Umsebenzi Wethu
- Goldfish feat. Diamond Thug – Deep of the Night
- AKA feat. Kiddominant – Fela In Versace
- Sun-El Musician & Ami Faku – Into Ingawe
Nkosinathi Innocent Sizwe Maphumulo, famously known as Black Coffee was born in 1976 and began his singing career in 1994. He has released up to 9 studio albums since he started his career. He’s won several music awards for his contribution to music.